Grass-fed ground beef enchiladas are so delicious! Typically, I don’t have the time to go through all of the steps to make beef enchiladas for my family. I found this recipe and thought, NOW THIS I CAN DO! Enjoy all of the traditional beef enchilada ingredients layered in a quick and easy casserole that’s ready in 40 minutes. Don’t let time be the reason why you don’t serve hot delicious meals for yourself and your family.
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 pound lean grass-fed ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (optional topping)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×11″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is no longer pink and fully cooked (about 6-9 minutes).
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked ground beef, half of the enchilada sauce, and half of the cheese.
- Place 4 of the tortillas on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, ripping them if necessary to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Top the tortillas with half of the beef mixture, half of the beans and drizzle with 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Repeat all layers one more time.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and cover pan with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is cooked through.
- If desired, top with tomatoes and avocado.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.SixSistersStuff.com
#grassfedbeef #grassfedgroundbeef #organicbeef #organicgroundbeef #allnaturalbeef #grassfinishedbeef